View Single Post
Old Jul 03, 2004, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by webguyjv
Int'l Slope Observer
Fremont, CA
Joined Oct 2001
1,887 Posts
Veteran Hobie Hawk Get's New Pilot/Photo I

I spent about an hour last night, installing some used equipment: two standard-size Futaba servos, a Hitec 555 RX and a battery pack. Everything went in really easily and the quick control surface check went well.

The next morning I learned that I had to take my daughter to an all-day basketball tournament in San Pablo - GEEZ! My daughter was so cool about me wanting to go get airplane parts, that she allowed me to drop her off and come pick her up later in the afternoon.

So I drove back down to Livermore to visit Aerospace Composites to get a new wing joiner and the thin wing locator rod. George Sparr was so helpful and he set me up with exactly what I needed. Lenard popped in to take a look at my new floater, and he was really excited for me.

George was not able to cut the rods for me as he had some other business to attend to (he would have done it for me later in the day but I was in a hurry). Lenny had his Dremel tool in his car, so we went outside and became likely the first customers to cut and test wing rods on the picnic table in front of Aerospace Composites. GEEZ - I should have taken a picture of that one

Lenny and I decided to have an important pilots meeting at a nearby Carls Jr. After looking at the instruction manual (and polishing off a 5-pc chicken meal), we decided to adjourn to the Elementary School were Lenny spent his youth (I wonder if he flew RC models inthe yard on recess too - hmmmm).

Here's a photo of Lenny,smiling cuz I gave him a few tries at the sticks with the my new Hobie Hawk...
webguyjv is offline Find More Posts by webguyjv
Last edited by webguyjv; Jul 03, 2004 at 10:00 PM.