Thread: Discussion RC club? No thanks
View Single Post
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by daddiozz
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
I've been flying fairly regularly since 1999...self taught ...I've belonged to 3 different clubs.The first in Atlanta Ga who refer to themselves unofficially as the "Drones"...I've forgot the clubs actual designation.A great bunch of guys ,I have the utmost respect and admiration for most of them and still keep in touch despite my move here in WVa 4 years ago.

It soon became apparent to me shortly after joining my second club in Beckley WVa that the club was mostly an old school nitro club.While I was tacitly "welcomed " with open arms ...me and my all electric squadron,it soon became apparent to me that before I'd truly be considered one of the guys ,I'd need to conform and get me a nitro (or equiv) plane.After being asked for the umpteenth time by one of the old boy regulars "when are you going to get you a real plane"?I told him I already own one ,its hangered out at the local airport....it wasn't long afterwards that it was suggested I might be happier flying elsewhere .

I couldn't be happier with my present club.Theres only a few of us ,no one to my knowledge has AMA .our one and only rule in that regard is that if you crash it ,you are responsible for cleaning up the trash and dealing with whatever consequences are .Since our flying field consists of nearly 35 acres of open pasture surrounded by a heavily wooded mountainside on one side and one of the best trout streams in the state on the other long side ,my house on one end and the a very rural state highway on the other ...we don't have any problems.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 09, 2012 at 08:21 AM.