Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by J Morgan
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
25,919 Posts
Thanks Sammy

Thanks Hep,
Yeah, I really enjoy pulling masking off and seeing it for the first time dressed up.

Actually, I made a couple of glaring errors, one I fixed today, the other will be fixed tomorrow. I'm one of those that put together and THEN read the instructions.
So this morning I got the pics out that my tech advisor had sent me, checked the two books I have, and found my problems. One was that I had not extended my camo color on the booms far enough back so I had to fire up the airbrush and redo those before I could start the black. Easy fix. And I did finish the wings today, the bottom is now black. Not much primer left on this puppy.
The other I will leave to let you speculate on until morning when I will fix it.

And the Army-Navy game slowed me down too. What a game, not decided until the last minute when Army fumbled on the Navy 15 yd line.

I hope to be done with all the base color tomorrow and then I can get on the weathering and accents. I just need to turn the middle section over and finish the black underneath.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member