View Single Post
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by BriGuy82
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
337 Posts
Hi builder,
From what I have researched and the information on FliteTest, the most effective way to orientate your 2.4 antenna is with the joint at a "L" shape or bent. Your antenna on the transmitter has a "dead" spot in the middle and If you point the transmitter directly at your receiver "or plane in this case", you could lose signal for a moment. While keeping it bent, your spread will be much more effective.

Hope that's what your looking for.

Regards
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
As someone who is relatively new to 2.4, I have been wondering about the proper position for the antenna. With my 72 system of course the antenna comes straight out of the top of the radio, and based on the way I hold the radio I'd say maybe it is somewhere between horizontal and 30 degrees up from horizontal.

The 2.4 Frsky radio has a "joint" in it that allows it to be more vertical. When I was doing my "range testing" it did seem that a more vertical orientation gave me more range. What gave me a huge amount of additional range in range checking was holding the transmitter at head level.

Anyway, what is the optimum orientation of the antenna with respect to the ground. Does it vary with how high you fly? Does it matter?
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82