Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by theothercliff
Much happier at LibrePilot!
Temple, GA, USA
Joined Jun 2009
3,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydog View Post
Thanks and my apologies - I did leave out that when it started glitching I turned off the FPV gear, and even subsequently even removed it but still had the glitching.
When the FPV gear was on, it was powered by a separate battery. Sorry for leaving that info out in my initial post
The other easy thing is RC receiver antenna placement. If you are running 2.4g, with one Rx antenna, then both Tx and Rx antennas should be vertical. If you are running 2.4g with two Rx antennas, then the Rx antennas should be horizontal and at 90 degrees to each other and the Tx antenna should be horizontal (twisted sideways). For other frequencies, the Rx antenna should be full length and straight, not cut off or coiled up.

Oh, and for 2.4g, you can't have the Rx antenna hiding behind anything metal or carbon.

Other causes can be bad electrical power caused by high current servos or vibration and a bad switch or crash damage. Rx crystals are fragile. Tx power pack getting low. Rx antenna wire with an unseen break in it.
theothercliff is offline Find More Posts by theothercliff
Last edited by theothercliff; Dec 08, 2012 at 11:17 AM.