View Single Post
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:26 AM
Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raido56 View Post
Just had to chime in on some of the post of bad info. Here we go.
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Well, Germany might be a lot smaller than the USA, but model flying is much more popular over here.

We have over 100.000 model pilots in Germany, who are member of a model flying organisation. With almost 2000 model flying clubs, the density of model pilots/ flying fields is for sure much higher than in the USA.

Jürgen

The AMA has over 150,000 members and over 2500 clubs here in the USA. Then add in all of the non- AMA members flying here in the US and we have Germany beat hands down.
Well, Herb,

I was not talking about absolute numbers, but popularity and density of our hobby.

The USA has a size of 9.826.675 km², i.e. is 27.5 times bigger than Germany, yet has not even twice as many model flyers. Also Germany has achieved more medals in FAI model flying classes than any other nation in 2012, but this is no p...ng contest, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raido56 View Post
There is no requirement for a small model, because the most popular vehicle in the US is a pickup truck, while in Europe it is a compact car.
I just stated the fact, that the most popular car in the US is the Ford F-series pickup truck, while in Europe its a compact or even sub-compact car by US standards.
Bad info again. It is not the most popular vehicle in the USA. It is the #1 selling pick up truck in the USA . Not a car It's a pick up then we also have the SUV, cross-over and small pick up trucks. ...
Why don't you check the sales figures?:
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...june-2012.html

Still think I provide "bad info"?

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig