View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,644 Posts
Thanks guys. He not only did one set, he did two, a short set like the one on that Kiowa on the post. The easiest way to find JestRR is to visit scalerchelis.com and find him there. He does visit other forums but spends most of his forum time there, ttbomk.Yes that is the 550 size Jet Ranger from Century. The plywood plate is a must if you want the chassis and gear as I have them now. When it was just the stock landing gear, it didn't really matter but this way, the entire bottom is solid as a rock. The brace you see in the fourth picture can now be removed with no effects to the body. I really want to flip the tail rotor to the other side but I am not so sure I want to rebuild the entire tail to do so. It wouldn't get the tail shaft any higher so the long tapered cone of the original Kiowa would not be able to be fixed onto the remainder. This really takes a larger bird to do that type of conversion like the 600 or 700 size. This is just going to be a nice flying heli that has a bit of a different look to it, lol. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger