Thread: Question 1/5th Racing in Australia...
View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by Chickentrader
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Still having trouble getting the right stuff for the bike online, and I always manage to somehow get some wrong stuff whenever I buy. Most websites don’t give details of what they’re offering other than e.g. “Stealth Super Moto (SMR) Rear Insert - VMX 450” ; and after some time consuming research at a lot of websites I finally found that this insert is medium hardness, but some other important info was missed by me. This is what I got when I tried to buy a wheel & medium rear insert:

Has any of you guys time to sort out what tires are best for what from this list: http://www.shop.gotnitroonline.com/M...F.qscstrfrnt02 , or is there a better place with a few choices to buy from online? Trent is still looking into getting the best tires and inserts, but we need to get the stuff that we’re after now.

Also: how do grooved tires affect the handling? Basic beliefs suggest that slicks give more traction than grooved tires on dry tracks; due to their greater contact area, but typically have far less traction than grooved tires under wet conditions. But I realise how little I know when I see some of you experienced guys using grooved tires?
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader