View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by airtimeasto
There is only DS
Bangalow,Australia
Joined Aug 2008
1,449 Posts
Thanks a lot guys! Im super impressed with the plane. It was really quiet and had no flex at all. I wasnt feeling super comfortable with the setup, I had only flown it on the front side for ten minutes or so last week,Ii think i had a bit too much expo, and I was really struggling to see it coming off the bottom turn, and worst of all the falcon radar seemed to be going flat and my pro speed was struggling to pick up anything over 200. I got to 234 but didnt think it worth risking it for no reads so i was going to land but then Alex reminded me he wanted a go. So he grabbed the radio and I got to watch my baby in the hands of a real gun- one of the main points of my trip really! I have to say his and my flying were like chalk and cheese, really great to watch, with massive deep and fast laps. The falcon was getting no reads now and the pro speed got about 10% I reckon, which really ticked me off. If i concentrated on aiming it realy hard I had more success and was glad to get the 273 read, but there some heaps faster laps, maybe into the 300s but who knows.
It was getting dark, so we swapped back and i managed to do the best landing, this scorcher has a lot of flap on it and it came down with ease- I was super impressed with myself! Thanks to Alex for pushing up the airframe PB, and on his non preferred mode no less!
Earlier Asto had flown the Dilmahwindfindah, which was also was a bit out of tune (you dont get too many tuning chances with a 4.5kg 60" plank!), but really spectacular, with a great sound. He managed to get it to 228 I think, but wasnt happy with it, saying it was nose heavy and the roll looked really twitchy. H couldnt slow down enough for landing and had a bit of a bingle, though nothing that cant be repaired.
The coolest thing about yesterday was that the regular ridge, wianui, was shrouded in cloud, so we just drove down the road into uncharted territory and alex found another world class ridge, which had a massive landing zone right on the front side. This part of NZ is a true DSers playground!
Cheers fellas
Josh
airtimeasto is offline Find More Posts by airtimeasto