Originally Posted by helicrapter
I had posted before that I burnt the tail motor and the board on my 8006. I found a company selling a BnF 8006 new style for 65 dollars free shipping. Came with everything except the remote.
Flew really nice the first 2 flights 10 min+
I took the moded tail blade off my other 8006 and put it on the new one.. this thing really moves when there is no wind.. maybe 10+ mph
anyway starting with the 3rd flight im getting cut outs now about every 30 seconds or minute. One was so bad that dropped and broke 2 blades, the canopy, main shaft and landing gear.
Fixed all that and resoldered the antenna thinking that it was a bad joint from the factory. Still getting the cut outs like crazy after 30 seconds the thing just drops. My other 8006 before the board blew never had a single cut out with over 15 full flights.
Should I order a new board for this new QS? what do you think?
Although I doubt this is the problem, but I would first try bypassing the ON/OFF switch for a flight or two so as to eliminate it as a possible cause of the problem. An easy way to temporary eliminate the ON/OFF switch is to make a jumper wire to put where the ON/OFF power wire plugs onto the PCB board. I made a jumper wire by cutting an old connector end from an old 8006 tail motor wire. I cut the connector from the tail motor wire and left about an inch of wire on the connector and then I just soldered the two wire ends together. I then wrapped the soldered area with some electrical tape. Once the jumper wire is made, just plug the jumper wire onto the PCB board socket pins in place of the ON/OFF switch wire.
Keep in mind though whenever using a jumper wire, you will only be able to shut the power off on the helicopter by unplugging the Li-Po battery. Also, since the switch probably isn’t the problem, I would test it by flying the helicopter low to the ground so the helicopter doesn’t fall so far if the power does cut out again.
But since your new helicopter is using a new PCB board, I am real suspicious the PCB is probably the problem. I would also check to make sure battery power wires are soldered well onto the PCB board and that the battery connections are fitting snuggly. I would also try the old battery in the new helicopter to rule out any internal problem on the new Li-Po battery.
I’m just guessing, but since the PCB boards so far have a poor record for consistent flying and can‘t handle much overload (I have my 3rd board coming), your new 8006 PCB board does sound like the most likely culprit.