View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
171 Posts
Discussion
Rectified, I'm now a happy customer Poor customer service at NEU. Playing telephone

I love NEU motors but the customer service sucks bad. I just sent a NEU motor in to change an output shaft. They sent the motor back to me in a different can with no gearbox... I don't even know if it is my original motor at this point and the people at customer service give me no confidence that they know what they are doing.

The real problem is the return method. You just send your motor in with a description of what you want. Then they call you and talk. Well, apparently we were speaking gibberish to each other and they had no idea what I wanted to do with my motor. Why would I ever take the gearbox off (which they failed to return to me at all)? It's worth almost as much as the motor itself...

They need a menu form for returns, or something. Print out a page from the website and order what you want. Describing things over the phone to someone who doesn't even understand their product line or the applications leads to confusion (how could it not) and results in mistakes. How can a company that makes such good motors be so flakey with their customer service. I'll consider Hacker in the future... Annoying.
FULLSCALE is offline Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
Last edited by FULLSCALE; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:37 PM.