View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by datura
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2012
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_D View Post
Great I hope these stories will help you get over the bumps I stumbled over. What plane are you getting ? Do you have a flight simulator ? You can get FMS for free, and the Dynam simulation transmitter (same look and feel) is about $30. FMS isn't the greatest, but it's free and some time on the thing might help you avoid a repetition of my first flight... short, and nose into the ground.
Yes, I hope your stories help me avoid some issues as well. One thing I learned is to be ready to add trim right away on the first couple of flights! Also, the idea of a few test glides into a nice hayfield is probably not something I would have thought of on my own.

I do have the Phoenix simulator, but unfortunately it doesn't run on my computer (Macbook Air) so I have to run it on my girlfriend's PC and she is always using the thing I haven't checked lately to see if there is a Bixler or Bixler 2 model there.

I love the idea of these foam board planes and it seems like there are plans for all shapes and sizes on the net. I must admit I'm partial to the extremely slow indoor flyers. Too bad I don't have a gymnasium handy to play in!

The Bixler 2 video is hilarious, mostly due to the younger guy's jealousy over his friend/nemesis having 2 planes named after him! I wonder if the 2 would fly as quickly and agile as the 1 if it had a motor upgrade?

Cheers,
Justin
datura is offline Find More Posts by datura