Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
11,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_in_NC View Post
Thanks Ken
I knew your thread (subscribed to it) and I was this close to building according to your plans, but I figured there was a lot more to mess up when cutting the foam, so I decided I would do the layered white foam for now. I figured your plan will be much beter but only if cut with a Phlat printer or equivalent.
I will see how the performance of my baby is and maybe one of your kits is in the future! They look really nice!
I cut my monoblockless blu-baby, all the way from cutting the paper plans, gluing them to the FFF, transferring the outlines with a magic marker, cutting with a #11 exacto knife, and peeling the skins off, all in the course of one soccer match during the Olympics this year. It's much easier than you think

And I routinely plow my monoblockless blu-baby into the ground doing stupid stunts way too low and it's hardly bruised at all. I've also plowed it into football uprights doing 'field goals', and to JimHSoars' point I've bent the landing gear wire till they almost look retracted doing touch-and-gos (slam and stops), I use wheel collets from dubro, and the wheels have NEVER come off. It's my beater plane and I love it.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick