View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by dmccormick001
Dave the Rave
Joined Jun 2007
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav_Aids View Post
I was going to use/make a PIC or PICAXE MCU board that hooks up to 1 channel on the Rx. The R/C Switch (google "RC Switch") I was going to use was for use with a camera. The PIC is for the camera and the PICAXE is for the timing or kill switch but, you can use them any way you want. I guess I'll need to use 2, 1 for the switch and 1 for the camera. I have attached the BIT-Switch zip file which I got from http://www.rc-cam.com/projects.htm it is copyrighted and only for hobbist use. Please read the PDF. Let me know what you think? I'll upload a schematic and board layout after I build a good one, as soon as I get a chance.

Ray
For what it's worth, guys, I've used this same type circuit, but with my own personal programming, as a kill switch on my gas engines for a long time. My version also looks for a loss of signal, and kills the ignition if there is no valid signal coming from the Tx/Rx. The option labeled "[S1] Isolated On/Off Control" uses an opto-isolator (AVQ212) that will successfully separate the receiver from whatever it's switching. You may need to update that part number, I think the AVQ212 is discontinued, just search Digikey for a newer part.
dmccormick001 is offline Find More Posts by dmccormick001