Thread: Discussion Kyosho 1/8 MK1 & HOR Bible
View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:01 AM
Find More Posts by Lukey B
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys... here's a few pics of a Mk1 Yamaha I built for a friend...

Basically I was lookin for a Yamaha for ages, with no luck... I was around this fella's house, getting some parts for the SB5 I think... started whining about how hard they are to find... and then BAM... he pulls out a box, with not one Kyosho Mk1 Yamaha YZR500... but TWO... and then calmly offered them to me...

I was beside myself... So to give you the shortened story... This fella has alot of his competion cars, and his SB5 painted in the traditional "Calsonic" blue...

So as token of my thanks... I thought I would refresh one of the bikes and return it to him... and as I'm a bike racing nut, I had to do a period replica... this is where the "Sonauto, Gauloises Yamaha" of Christian Sarron comes into play...(Blue colour, and a replica)

The bike still needs some finishing, need to repair the right muffler, add pin stripe around the number boards, paint a dark tint over the exaust pipes to give em that titanium look, put some michelin logos on the tyres and finish painting the front brake rotors... then give the the fairings a coat of clear to keep them protected...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B