View Single Post
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
31,944 Posts
So....when I built my 71" Slick, there was a problem with the "T" nut in the right wing, and I had to take it out and replace it...no biggy, except that the barbs on the "T" nut were bent over on the plywood backing inside the wing, and by the time I was able to get it out, the wing root rib had cracked as the plywood broke loose..Arghhhh!! I installed a new "T" nut, and epoxied the plywood back in, and CA'd the root rib, and while it felt very solid, I was never really comfortable enough with it to really wring the plane out hard, So....during the Black Friday sale, I ordered a new wing, and just received it today....

Now the reason I am posting this, is as we all know 3DHS does a great job of packing stuff, and as long at UPS doesn't let their pet gorillas get a hold of things, it gets here in good shape, and this one did....but... I had just run out of one foot wide small bubble wrap recently, and I was going to have to go buy some.....Nope!! I now have about 30' of bubble wrap that was wrapped around that wing.....

So to the Noll, and Wade.....Thanks for the fast shipping....and the bubble wrap!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...