View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Nov 2003
2,826 Posts
What's neat about this quad is that you can build it out before you mount distro and electronics. A lot of room on this thing to navigate wires and ESC placement. I like being able to breath with the gear. My last build, carbon core Y6, was really tight. I love the real estate.

The first negative thing I noticed was that the arms were not tight in between the two main corner spacers so there was some play, it swayed back and forth. I fixed this by putting from foamy double sided tape in-between the spacer and the boom. It is really snug now. Maybe I should put a piece on each side, can't hurt and will dampen vibration some I guess.

The other tough thing is mounting the motor plates. Well, not so tough if you have some long thin needle nose players. I didn't happen to have long enough ones so i took a long hexw wrench and put some tacky glue on it and set the nut back there then pushed in a screw driver to put tension on the nut so i could tighten it.

So far LG and all this thing is really light. Can't wait to get my motors in.

Please excuse my wife's fa la las all over the uncovered portion of my pool table.
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker