View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by Pond Sailer
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Mar 2012
166 Posts
Is there a cart for inline launching that has been figured out? I have been looking but I am sure I missed it.

here's what I am needing. If I get a box trailer I can see a problem with the side cart. I know a few have talked about getting a extension ladder and putting two wheels on it so that you can pull it out of a box trailer and then roll it to the water and then extend ladder to launch boat into lake. I can do this with an aluminum ladder and about $40.00 in large plastic cart wheel. As in all things I dont want to reinvent something that has been posted.

My plan is to be able to set sail with my boat without needing a second guy. I have a 12' x 7' trailer in mind that is 7 1/2 feet tall. If this works as I hope I can see loading Surprise into trailer on my own. Secure it, and get to lake. Pull out cart with boat on it, attach wheels (1 to 2 min) and then head to water, launch it and stow ladder. Then reverse and go home. If I can do this I can have boat rigged most of the time and come and go any time of the week without finding a buddy to just pick up one end for a few seconds. I was looking at getting a wheel chair crane and swinging it from current cradle to cart, and this is very doable, just would take a little longer for the transfer.

So any ideas before I get to far ahead of myself?

Name: P1011367.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 51.0 KB
Description:

I found this setup on another forum, it handles getting into and out of box trailer but still needs work on getting in and out of water.

Thanks

Gary
Pond Sailer is offline Find More Posts by Pond Sailer
Last edited by Pond Sailer; Dec 06, 2012 at 06:03 PM.