View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by SkyCadet
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Servos done, final assmebly underway!

I finished my servos and have everything pretty much ready to assemble. I still have to finish mounting the cowling, and the radio/electronics inside the plane, but it's off to the final stretch!

I shot two pix of the plane without the wings attached (easier to work on electronics placement without them on there for now), and have the cowling test fit one final time with the prop. It loos great with the vanes in there!

My tests of the motor system (an A3536-6 or 1250Kv/500W RCtimer unit with MAS 11x7x3 propeller, 45A Turnigy ESC) running 3S was as follows:

WOT: 325Wp, 37Ap; 50%: 130-140W, ~11.5A nominal
(battery had been test run for 1 minute over some settings prior to WOT, so normally, this would be in the 360-380W range on a full battery)

Since my ESC can handle 45A nominal, and over 55 peak, I am fine. Also the motor is rated at 500W, so the extra 100-120W of tolerance is most likely fine too. I can even prop up to a 12x6x3 before getting into the red zone, apparently.

I'll run it like this for now, to see how she flies. It is certainly in the regime I was targeting fo rwiht this power system...

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!