Thread: Build Log 88" Tiger Moth SPAD 1st Build!
View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:25 AM
Y.P.F. is offline
Find More Posts by Y.P.F.
Young Poor and Fun
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2012
101 Posts
Back from the dead

As you can tell, we haven't worked on the biplane with any real seriousness since we started the ghoul in the beginning of October.

Our progress thus far: I made a motor mount, installed it and installed the motor using zip ties. I've put the aileron servos in an unusual place midway between the top and bottom wing on the wing struts. I'm still sorting the ailerons out.
To install the bottom of the fuse, I was thinking of using glue but I used gorilla tape on the inside and extreme packing tape on the outside to save myself some work. I made struts of carbon fiber rods for the tail including an one within the coro flue to stiffing the tail surfaces.

Right now I'm working on attaching the fuse to the wings. I've got it measured out more or less and am figuring out how to make the connection strong. I may need to add something like a rib for the fuse to strengthen it and a bottom layer for the wing and just use rubber bands to keep things on.

Things are looking pretty light and the back section with the bottom attached is really strong too.

I think our ESC may be faulty, more to come on that.


There will be more progress in the next few weeks. I think this could be an FPV airplane in the distant future.

Cheers.
Y.P.F. is offline Find More Posts by Y.P.F.
Reply With Quote