Thread: Discussion Moon Video
View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by savage 40
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
Tilted? That's funny! Actually if I spin the webcam in the eyepiece holder I can straighten it, but I get so fixated on focusing and playing with the settings or capture software I forget to rotate the camera.. I just play around in the driveway or backyard with it and capture what I can.. I tell the family we are going to have a "star party" tonite and they get so excited they forget to come outside and see the stars sigh..
Someday I'll get serious enough to make a checklist of sorts before I venture out into the cold dark night to get things in order.
Speaking of scopes, what I did was searched Craigslist and found scopes for sale.. Then searched eBay for the completed auctions of the scope I was looking at. My first scope was a Tasco I bought for $25.. Then sold it on eBay for $100.. Then bought a Meade etx70.., sold that for $180.. Then found a etx90.. Sold that for $350.. Finally scored this Nexstar8 for $500 (sold new $1,400 according to the receipt).. They sell for up to $700.. So if I decide to move up I'm looking for a 10" or more.. It is fun for me to buy and sell and move up.. Besides I'd never spend that much on the scope I have now.. Got too many hobbies to feed .
BTW here's a screaming deal on a Meade etx90
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/spo/3456444453.html
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40