Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by elCapitan
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
Do you have a picture of the winglets attached? Mine are big and need some trimming I'm not sure which way to do it.
The winglets and how to attach them is all included in the instructions. Those pdf's are pretty useful, and kept up to date.

Here are some pictures, though

Quote:
I set the reflex on my elevons. Now when I look down the nose my right elevon is higher, but only towards the prop. I don't think it's flat.
There's another issue, but pretty easy to fix. Just re-heat it with the iron, and place something heavy over it while it dries. If it's just a little bit, you can do it just like that. If it's pretty severe, you might have to remove the elevon from the wing, heat it up and flatten it by itself, then re-attach it.

Quote:
The push pin show its nose heavy.
Then you have a couple options: add weight to the tail (less desireable), or move the battery a little back. If you have some scraps of foam around, and some white Gorilla Glue, it's really easy to patch up the front part of the current battery bay to fill it in.

Getting the wing to balance on the proper CG, as per instructions, is pretty critical.

Keep us posted!
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan