View Single Post
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Lentar
Joined Oct 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I don't have an X3V, so I can't say exactly how they behave. But, from my experience with the older Wasp and other flybarless micros, you aren't describing anything I would consider real unusual. All required considerable attention to get them off the ground cleanly. My Genius would lean and scoot across the floor like a scared rat unless you were very quick and it has accelerometers along with a 3 axis gyro. Of course, I don't have any idea how bad this tip left problem is. It's entirely possible you have a bad gyro. I always let 3 axis gyros initialize for at least 30 seconds without touching them. The older Wasp used to play "Oh Suzanna" to let you know when it was done. After that, you can turn the heli over.
Yes this one also plays that. I never turned it before it was done. I also checked the tail gyro/rotor for gyro action, servo movement direction to gyro response and rudder movement of tail rotor blades, and all are OK. This problem is so bad, I can't even risk a hover till I find out whats wrong. (have to admit I'm playing with the idea of having my wife video it while I try and replicate the problem. When it gets totaled in front of her, it'll give me an excuse to get a replacement!)
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar