Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by elCapitan
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
Well I was aiming for 6.5" but the push pin method seems a little wonky to me to really be able to tell.
It's pretty difficult to get the plane to actually balance on the pins, but you should be able to find the spot at which it wobbles either way, depending on how you hold it. So, where exactly does your plane balance?

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by reflex.
the amount of "up" that's programmed into the elevons when you're not touching the sticks. the elevons "at rest" should be angled just slightly higher than the angle of the surface of the wing, as if it's pulling up slightly.

Quote:
I don't have any up trim I set the wing on the table, 90'd the servos and pushed the elevon down to match the bottom plane of the wing then tightened up the push rod.
And thus, this might be one big problem.

Quote:
I'm regretting the way I setup my motor by the way. Is there anywhere you can buy just a new 3mm shaft or whatever size it is to fit this motor?
Why, what's different about it? What don't you like?

And one last thing--I looked at your picture and noticed you don't have any winglets on the wing tips. Those chloroplast pieces that came with the kit should be attached on the wing tips to keep the wing from wagging back and forth. Some people like to leave them off, but then you have to cut a flat-faced diagonal from the leading edge of the wing tips, to produce the same effect. The chloroplast works a lot better, though.

Without any winglets to stabilize the wing, plus no reflex (or up-trim) in the elevons, that's probably enough to make it un-flyable.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan