View Single Post
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by MogA
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
Help!
Need help with electronics

Hi guys,

So first of all, i'd like to say that im new to the hobby, but i love aviation and R/C planes. Also english isnt my native language, so you may find some mistakes in this thread.

But lets come to my problem. As i said im pretty unexperienced. I recently found my old silverlit planes, unfortunately they dont work anymore. So i decided to take out all the electronics from them and came up with the idea to make one of them fly again because i love the look of this plane. It is made out of EPP.
In order to make it fly again, i know that i need a rx, some servos (i dont want to make a rudder if its not necessary), an esc, a motor and a battery. My question now is, what sort of electronics as listed above do i need? I'd like to order these parts from Hobbyking.com . It would be really nice if someone could tell me which would fit for my plane.

Also i have a Graupner MX-12 tx. The cheapest receiver for this one i found costs about 70 $. But on hobbyking i saw some receivers which are way cheaper . Can I make one of these work with my MX-12 or is it better to buy a cheap tx and rx from Hobbyking.com?

Here are some photos of the plane. I hope you guys can judge it from these, if not tell me what other angels/whatever you need from the plane and i try to upload these.

I hope someone can help me =)

Cheers,
MogA is offline Find More Posts by MogA
Last edited by MogA; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to say that i dont want to make a rudder if its not necessary