Thread: Discussion Zippy Batteries?
View Single Post
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by cenracer1
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I have a bunch of Zippy batteries that I've used for a couple of years in my Rustler VXl and they worked fine.. They are decent batteries and will work fine as long as you get a battery that is 30C or higher.. 20C doesn't have the discharge rate that current brushless motors like and the battery will not last or puff eventually. If you go with hardcase batteries they will fit no problem.. just measure the height or get the traxxas battery extender kit.. then even 3s packs fit with no issues.. If you go soft case.. you have to measure the length and width.. under 48mm wide and the length I don't remember.. just measure the inside of the battery area from where the rib is in the back under the esc to the front of the compartment.

My original Zippy's have a couple hundred cycles on them and they are slightly puffed.. Been that way for a while but they still are being used in one of my touring cars with no issues.. I've since moved onto nano-tech turnigy's.. great bang for the money and the sizes are more or less standard and fit everything.. There are better batteries out there and I'm sure opinions will flow.. but its your money...
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1