Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginetto View Post
The Vimeo is still processing the video.. You can see this other video recorded with #11 version 2.

https://vimeo.com/46286418

Here, I had the same problem but smaller.

I do not think it a problem of battery, because the noise (a brighter area on the right) became visible after 2 minutes and it increases for +1 hour.
OK, After seeing that I agree it's not the low voltage breakdown, which results in a very jagged breakdown in the picture edge and is accompanied by an intermittent buzzing sound. The image breakdown and buzzing gets worse as the battery becomes more and more depleted.

I think the most plausible cause is mentioned in Isoprop's post, but this doesn't happen in bright light outdoors on a hot sunny day. Indoors in low light such as your example makes the CMOS imager work a lot harder, though, both in long electronic shutter times as well as boosted gain on the CMOS, both of which should generate more heat, I think. But why that would affect the right side of the CMOS more than the left is a bit of a mystery, unless it's because the DSP chip also generates a LOT of heat and it resides on that side of the circuit board and is contributing to the heat issue on the imager.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank