View Single Post
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv View Post
Sorry to hear all the trouble you have to go through, but at least you got yourself a kick ass avatar. Seriously, that's a very good shot at a rare moment.
Anyway, I think your CC100 lite should be still fine? It's the motor that messed up, not the ESC. Also, the wemo fan is factory pre-balanced to a very high accuracy, and the ARC is a high quality in-runner, so the combo does not require any additional balance at all.
Yes your right, my CC Lite's are ok and there is nothing wrong with them. Well except for when I mount them on the motor leads behind the fan. Apparently the forces in there will strain the motor wiring with all that thrust. As a precaution, I am going to move the controllers out of the exhaust ducts and flush mount the new HobbyWings to the fuse body just in front of the main gear wells. My cooling methods have changed and now I need heat-sinks on the controllers to do the job. Surely the CC Lite's will be used in another project one day.
I also would agree that the WeMo fans should not require any balancing but when I mount everything together I will be checking for balancing just to be on the safe side.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y