Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
4,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_D View Post
I ordered two of those motors with 44 pounds of thrust ! I'm going to buy two 4x8 sheets of 1/4" plywood and make ULTRA SUE.

Well, maybe not. Not enough money in the piggy bank.

But I did order three of these - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html and the appropriate ESCs, a new battery to replace the one that looks like it met Inigo Montoya, and a HERD of 9 gram servos. It should all be waiting for me when I get back from my week long trip.

So, my current thought is to make MEGA ME SUE with the rectangular center panel... put two motors on each dihedral line... and make two fuselages to protect the motors. Since I'm going to have a fancy dancy 9 channel radio and a 8 channel receiver, I am thinking of putting two rudders, two ailerons, and two flaps on it. I can use various combinations to get greater control authority if working together, or independent flap and aileron behavior, or CROW, or with two rudders working in opposition ... ultra CROW. However, first thing I'm going to do is make a multi control surfaces SUE... That way I continue to practice with a regular SUE (I have two ready to go when the darned rain stops), then spend time with a regular sized multi control surfaces SUE, then go to MEGA ME SUE.

Change one variable at a time.
Sounds like a good plan !

You started this thread flying a store-bought plane and building a store-bought kit , now you're a scratch-building maniac ! AWESOME !

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Dec 04, 2012 at 04:41 PM.