Thread: Discussion HF Gimbal mounting questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by S11D336B
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
Milo,
You should probably fill out a support ticket if you have further questions. hoverflytech.zendesk.com

What you are referring to below is talking about two different types of gimbals.

With gimbals that use no potentiometers and have continuous rotation servos, it's necessary to mount the HoverflyGIMBAL on the camera tray.

If the camera mount has potentiometers then you should mount the HoverflyGIMBAL before the roll axis, but after the pan axis. This should be a section of the camera mount that doesn't move with roll / tilt movement, but does move with pan movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
Has anyone done a comparison test of mounting the gimbal board above or below the camera.

By above the camera - I mean it is mounting to a non-moving part of the gimbal so the board moves with the vehicle.

By below the camera - I mean the board is mounted to the same surface the camera is mounted so the board moves with the camera, independent of the vehicle.

If you have them please post some comparison videos.

My gut feeling is below the camera should be better since you do not have servos or mechanical linkage between the camera and what the board interprets as movement.
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor