View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by buzzfly
Joined Apr 2003
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Just two awkward things arise though with that approach:

1. If you have stick "up" for no crow / braking, and "down" for maximum braking, then you will have to move the stick from one extreme to the other after you lock the throttle...

2. Flowing out from the above, it could get awkward if you decide you need suddenly to apply power to get out of a sticky land-out situation...

I didn't know about that slow throttle ramp-up feature: where do I find that?
regarding the two awkward things... Yeah, I know. It's crossed my mind a couple of times. On the other hand, I've found myself with a similar set of switch protocols in flying helis, especially in doing aerobatic autorotations -- one has to keep stick movements, and switch positions in mind all of the time. I would prefer something simpler and more fool-proof, but unless I go to the acro or heli menu, that's just not going to happen. (I haven't really looked at what it would take to reprogram crow in acro or heli, but I'm under the belief that the effort isn't worthwhile).

About the slow ramp-up feature --- if you have your sailplane programmed as having a motor then you should have a "motor" button in your sailplane programming menu. You can activate this and slave it to a switch that will transition the throttle from idle to full at your preselected rate.

If you need more details, let me know, and I'll take some pics of the menus on my tx.

-- Mark
buzzfly is offline Find More Posts by buzzfly