View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
To Infinity and beyond!
Joined Jun 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I find it somewhat funny that people are complaining about the fact that the receiver doesn't come with a bind plug. It's based on the good old AR6300, which is about 7 years old (precursor to the AR6400 serie). I liked that concept then, because I could never find my binding plugs when I needed them, so being able to short those two pins with pretty much anything from my tool box was truly welcome. Nobody really complained about it either then. But now, with the receivers being so cheap (add clones to the equation), everybody has LOTS of binding plugs. On top of that, you have the AR6400 that do not need binding plugs. Time have changed for sure!
well I was not complaining. and I was never familiar with the AR6300. I just recently changed over to 2.4 this past season, started with a JR 11X and then upgraded (thats right I said upgraded) to a Spektrum DX18.

being that the pins need shorted before applying Rx power, and the Rx is on the belly of the plane, and battery on the top of the nose... does require a lil more than just a simple shorting with a screwdriver. You need to have the pins shorted while applying power, and in this cumbersome reach around, its just nice , I already carry hemostats in my flight boxes.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings