View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by ddahl
Joined Apr 2007
36 Posts
@ DLEVETT,

I ordered from Chief Aircraft, and the invoice said it would be "shipped from the vendor". I called and asked if that meant it was coming from overseas, and they said no, that it was being shipped from a warehouse in Nevada. It was delivered UPS five days after ordering.

Here's what came. The box from the manufacturer that contained the model, was heavy cardboard, and it had several smaller boxes inside for the various parts (canopy, landing gears, cowlings etc.), and then partitions as well to hold the fuse and wings / stabs all in place. Everything was secure, wrapped well, and couldn't move around inside at all. It was very well done in my opinion.

Then, the box with the model was contained inside another heavy cardboard box, which I suppose was the "shipping box". Short of being out-right crushed, the model was pretty well insulated from "routine" shipping damage.

Now that I've been playing with it some, I'll add that the cowl, canopy, cantilever wing (sp?), and the wing and stab tubes all fit perfectly. Again, the covering has many wrinkles, but for the most part, a little work with a trim iron and heat gun handles that.

(-: Dave
ddahl is offline Find More Posts by ddahl