Thread: New Product AXN Floater-Jet (aka Cloud Fly)
View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by kennyhoc3
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Can't catch a break =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Hey Kenny,

Differential shouldn't make it pitch down in a roll it will just be the wing tips and the nature of the bird
At slow speed the AXN WILL tip stall on a turn - it won't fly under a fast jog pace so at low altitude make sure you fly it.
Yeah you are probably right its gotta be the dihedral lol

So after yesterdays semi successful flights (minus the tips stalls) I decided to take her out today since the weather was beautiful! I turned the differential down to 20% and she was flying perfect! I was finally having alot of fun flying in a big open field untill about 5min in....
I tried to see how well she would roll completely after lowering the dif. I got half way and the dihedral I am guessing made it nose straight down like usual. I started pulling out of it and what do you know I lost control! motor stuck at maybe 30-40% and she slammed into the ground at a 45degree angle pretty hard. Wings flew off, battery flew out, esc came with it. I have a few broken pieces but should be fixable. I am still in awe how tough this foam is! It really takes a beating! I figured she's be in a ton of pieces but only a few cracks in the wings and fuse and little piece of foam missing off the wing.

I am still completely irritated I can't catch a break....I don't have any other tx's to try and all but my micro p-51 is broke. The RX and Sat. were not blinking. I never had this issue with this tx/rx in my other plane. Could it be the ESC causing the glitches? any help would really save me from pulling my hair out lol
kennyhoc3 is offline Find More Posts by kennyhoc3