View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by mopartybob
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
In regards to the placement of bouys, I feel that if there was more of a buffer zone between the fast boats (gas/elec.) and the scale/sail boats there would be less chance of collisions and NEAR misses,,(between the two), there is not alot of pond to utilize when it's a nice sunny day, and you have 20-30 boaters trying to run in the space that the bouys dictate,(also the "Hot Pit" zone.) I understand that park rules state that no more than two boats that exceed 15mph shall be on the water at any one time,but humans are hardheaded,and that rule is sadly overlooked.....I've talked with several of the boaters out there and they, I, could not understand the reasoning that if some group/individual(s) were to do this type of action,(putting hazrd bouys in the water) under the implications of safety, then they should have integrated more of a buffer zone between the slow boats,the "Hot Pit", and the fast boats.......... in this observation, there is plenty of pond to accomodate this, but to cramp them all together is just asking for a mishap........... Robert C. Lazo
mopartybob is offline Find More Posts by mopartybob