View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by SlowBipe
Eagle, Idaho
Joined Feb 2010
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Sorry my A.D.D. kicked in, heres some info and a couple pics.The wieght as you see it in the pic is 4.16grams and there are two 1mm mounting holes for CF rods.
TODD
Todd,

Thank you for the great pics. I will need to order one of these power plants to try out. Looks like a perfect fit for the 22g 9.5" Micro SlowBipe.

I was hoping that this plane might fill a space using up gear from some of the existing ParkZone planes. The Sukhoi xp motor and gearbox that I have is very impressive. The power output and efficiency are great. The bearings and shaft hardness appear to be durable enough for what I am trying to do as well.

I went a different route this weekend and built the plane up as a 11.5 inch span StuntBipe. This new design utilized purposeful full flying elevons like my current 24" StuntBipe. It also has a full flying large rudder. The new size should be able to carry the Sukhoi/P51 motor/gearbox with ease. Having a targeted power plant makes it much easier to solve the firewall/motor mount issues that need to be addressed with a production design. The new tail design should turn this into a very fun aerobatic indoor flying while staying with the Slow design characteristics of the original design. Rolls on the StuntBipe are very fast. Weight of the airframe before electronics for this new build came to 18g vs 11g for the 9.5" span model.

I haven't gotten this one flying yet as one of the servo gears on my AR6400 brick are damaged.

Thanks, SlowBipe
SlowBipe is offline Find More Posts by SlowBipe