Originally Posted by Eagle854
I ordered some motor shafts for my motor but I have never changed them before. Can you please explain to me how to remove and replace the motor shafts.
Here is what I told Eagle in a PM just in case it helps someone else:
This was sometime back so some steps may be missing. it goes along the lines of:
- There are two set screws that you need to remove from the top of the bell.
- There is a C clip connected to the back of the shaft that you need to remove
- Apply force to remove the shaft, by either pressing it against something, a rubber mallet, or a hammer (very gently so as not to bend it!).
- Put new shaft it.
- Close it the back with a collar
- Close the two set screws
- I remember I had to trim the shaft as it was a little too long. You can do so with a Dremel or s metal saw.
- You want to make sure the bell is connected firmly and cannot be pulled out
- Put some thread lock on the screws or check them often just in case they get lose from vibrations.
That's about it. At your own risk... Good luck...