Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Thanks for the additional comments guys. I spent the evening with my covering iron going over all the parts, removing wrinkles, making sure seams were down tight, etc. The red and blue covering is pretty tough to work on...stubborn!

I also had to glue one of the wing tabs back into place. Found it down inside the wing?! I "cleaned" out the landing gear channels and mounted the gear nice and flush. I also mounted the servos...regular MG90s. I have had pretty good service from these little metal gear guys. Looks like the factory mounted up the nosegear bracket at an angle, so will have to straighten that out tomorrow. Just taking my time, checking out everything as I go along. Fun build so far.
I also added some thin pinstripe to the edges of the red and blue trim just to give it some more definition. I did this on my MUS and it came out well, so thought I would try it here. So far it's looking nice.
Thanks again guys,
Ken
Wing tabs loose or MIA seems a common thing.
Mine was missing one all together, not in the wing, in the box.....nowhere! Ended up having to manufacture one.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496