View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:11 AM
Find More Posts by LittleMo
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compie View Post
Is the MTC-01 is compatible with the PPM signal on the trainer port of a Futaba transmitter? I don't have a oscilloscope yet to to measure frame length and pulse separator, but maybe someone already knows?
It might depend on the radio. According to this page some Futaba use 0 to battery voltage (wow!) while others use 0 to 3.3 volts.

I believe wy WK radio actually outputs around 0 to 1 volt so I'm not even sure if 3.3 volt is safe but I have been using it OK so far.

The frame timing might depend on the radio as well so measuring it may be the only way to know unless the Futaba firmware lets you adjust it.

If you have an Arduino or other avr device I wrote a sketch that will measure the PPM signal. That's how I do my measurements. It's actually easier than an oscilloscope because it just gives me the values. I have attached it here. It uses PD2 as the input, of course that can be easily changed in the code. You do still have to make sure the output of your radio doesn't exceed the Arduino's voltage.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Dec 03, 2012 at 07:28 AM.