Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by OldeMan
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
Oldeman's information about the Dynamic motor and prop is interesting and I would like to see what Watts and Amps it is drawing.
I measured when new... still had the stock 12x6.5 prop: Roughly 24 amps WOT static... with a fresh battery... so 300 watts? I soon broke that prop and replaced it with a 12x6 carbon. I haven't measured the newer setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
I have come from helis and there is not so much fiddling required with motors, batteries and blades as there is with planks so I am not sure whether what you say Oldeman is right but this is because I do not understand it and not because I think you are wrong.
I can understand that.

I am thankful to have a wonderfully well behaved D-S... and if there is something I can measure or test for you guys who are experiencing control issues... something you'd like to compare to your own planes... let me know. We have early sunsets here (AZ does not observe DST)... so I generally can't fly on week nights. But requests for bench testing/measurements any time, and test flights on weekends are welcome.

--

By the way, I know from reading scattered comments... in this thread and elsewhere... that I'm flying much bigger batteries than "normal". I'm fitting 2450 mah in there. It's snug... and I had to cut the foam "stop" out so I could slide them back under the wing... but I love the flight times I get. I set up a throttle timer to count down when my throttle is above 15%... set for 10 minutes. When I land, I have about 25% remaining. That's 10 minutes of throttle-on time... wall clock time is amazing if I decide to just climb and soar.
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan