Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:01 PM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,341 Posts
Back before the Wee Man when I was flying A LOT I kept a flight log for a complete year and IRIC I put around 475 flights on a Moth in one year. I would say that airframe had somewhere around 800 flights on it before I retired it.

I spent some time on the Moth after the fly away the other night and could not find an issue with her. She passed the range check with the antenna down as I was able to walk out a good 150' with no issues. Today there was not a lick of breeze so I put some flights in on the Moth, at first I kept her close in and no issues. Then I got a bit braver and extended her range....got out about 300' and lost her again. Not sure what is going on but my hunch is that maybe the Little Bright Lights may be causing some issues. I am still flying 72mhz and this Rx is fine in other planes...and the gear is well proven, the only thing new is this particular light system. I am away for work this week so I am sending my Futaba 10C in to have a couple switches replaced and get it checked out. I hate not having confidence in my radio gear.

Other then that Moth #4 flew great today, can't wait to get a buddy box and start teaching the Wee Man how to fly.

Cheers,
Jim.
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH