Since i was getting more and more unhappy about the rate of climb of my E-Uhu, i thought it was time to put it on steroids
I bought myself a 2200Kv outrunner and a new ESC.
Had a bit of fun behind the lathe making a mounting can for the new motor and had to decrease the diameter of the motor shaft so i can still use the original prop.
Before i removed the old speed 400, i wanted to know how much thrust the original setup actually delivered, this was a staggering 250 grams
After installing the new motor motor, i adjusted the endpoint on my transmitter to 75% and this new setup now delivers a healthy 300 grams of thrust, i guess this would be a nice starting point...
Now all i have to do is wait for a nice calm day to do some testing.
some pictures of the new setup:
ps: Sorry Steve, i totally missed you question... But my Junior is a blast!! Goes unlimitted vertical on WOT, handles very nice while gliding and landing this bird is very much a non event aswell, especially when deploying the spoilerons to dump some speed, i couldn't be happier with it