TjW
Find More Posts by TjW
TjW
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2006
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I have carved many a gearbox box to replace a landing gear on my old Vapor. Yeah CA is for keeps. Now I have to find a way to hold the battery on to the mini vapor. On my old vapor when the gear was off i used a piece of shrink tubing and that solved that problem. Just slide the battery in. The shrink was shrunk down to a snug fit.

I don't want to carve up a gearbox etc to put shrink tubing on the Mini Vpaor. My brain cells are working over time to solve this one.

John F. Clarke
It being Christmastime, they are selling a double-sided Velcro about 1/2 inch wide at the hardware store. Cut enough to go around the battery and stick to itself. Trim that to about 1/8" wide. Put a couple of stitches with needle and thread or dental floss to hold it to the stick fuselage or the tray.
The key here is that it wraps around the battery and the tray, so that the Velcro is in shear.

It will probably weigh less than shrink tubing, and the remainder of the roll is massively useful the rest of the year for bundling up wires and so forth.
TjW is offline Find More Posts by TjW