Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
That was my thought too but self launches were too hairy and the quilt on the bed wasn't smooth enough (didn't think to bring up the box) so after 3 adjustments I decided to wait. I think I'm going to make a heat shrink sleeve for mine also as the battery didn't stick too reliably
ok, with my wife launching it by hand from sitting at her desk I was able to get it so I could fly a few circuits of the bedroom before something would leap out and get in the way. The CG was actually too far forward and I had to move the battery holder back so the connector was over the CG to balance (I used an xacto knife to balance it inverted rather than the ruler they suggested). I wrapped a piece of label around the CG and marked it with a pen for future checks. A piece of 3/8"x1/8" wood was a perfect form for the 10mm heat shrink for the battery sleeve which I have now attached to the battery holder with Foam-Tac. (warning: don't heatshrink around the battery because they do NOT like heat and you will kill it)
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member