View Single Post
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by SkyRaptor
Brazil, São Paulo, Campinas
Joined Apr 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
I would double check the connections to power supply, especially if it does not repro and low current settings. Also if you are sharing the power supply with another charger, try running it by itself.
Thanks Gregor, the issue happens even charging at low current and running alone in the power supply. I tested charging a single 6S battery at 10A and the issue is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:
What are you using to connect the PL8 to the power supply? Meaning what connectors, wires, etc?
Hi Tim, I have replaced the stock EC5 for a better 4mm bullet (4.0mm "Super Bullet" Solid Gold Connectors). I'm electrical engineer and ran some tests to check how good this connector performs. They have a resistance of about 0.25 mOhms, I mean, a voltage drop of 15mV for 60A.

Running at full power (60A), you have less than 1W of losses per connection - they don't even get hot. All PL8 I've got for my friends (10+ units) I replaced the stock for this 4mm and all performing great. I even suggest Revolectrix to run some tests and think about this connector because almost all power supplies in the market have 4mm output.

Alex.
SkyRaptor is offline Find More Posts by SkyRaptor