Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by mustflynow2
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Grau View Post
I currently fly the P2000 with 4 different wings, 2 aileron and 2 poly, up to 2750mm span.
I have added double the area to the rudder and found no advantage to the sailplane and removed the extension.
If it will thermal well with a poly wing and rudder/elevator only for control then as a sailplane I think the rudder is adequate.
Probably not effective enough for slope style aerobatics, but that's not the primary purpose of the airframe.
What I need is about 100 watts more motor for the big wings. Motor suggestion appreciated.
i posted my set up, which teamsherman took up, refer post 2426, page 162. Yet to here from you TS hope it's working out. You are looking at 550-600 watts on 4s and nice thrust. Flew today and yesterday in 20-30 km/h sea winds, awesome conditions, was getting no response from ail and elevator during high speed down wind runs, but suprisingly that rudder woud give me some feel? Go figure? New top speed on the gps too. Great weekend of flying with the phoenix, a st fox and the hk rare bear. Brendan
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2