Originally Posted by GordonTarling
krokko - what you've made is very similar to that supplied with the Hangar 9 Tiger. Frankly, it's probably the best solution, as it can remain in place until the wings are actually fitted to the fuselage. End plates or temporary 'N' struts like mine have to be removed before the wings are fitted and that causes stability problems. I need to make some like yours!
Yes, I have the H9 Tiger and I had to modify what they sent with the ARF. It was a little bit easier then the Flair since the pins was in the wings, in this case something else needed to be designed. I spent a day trying to figure out the best way and what you see on the pictures is what I believe could work for the Flair.
The jig need to be approx 10-15cm in to the wing because of the shape of the wing root.
OK, now I have to make two of those, then remove all wires again and secure the links with some silicon tubing, and also put some dope on all oracover overlaps. Well, time is the thing I got plenty off, so, no big thing!
(still waiting for the cub yellow oracover paint from Germany).
have a nice weekend, we got 20cm of snow today, more to come tomorrow.