Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Im sorry if this is too much off the topic here but I cant find answers elswere.
Im recording with #16, transfer files to windows movie maker and once I cut unwanted piece of video it doesnt play any reminding piece (black screen with sound).
If I transfer the file to Corel Video studio I can cut all I want but then once I touch the file the video skips frames :-(.
I have two or three vids now I can not edit :-(( anywhere. Did not have this problem with file from FPV cam or older #16.
Do I need to convert to some different format first?
First, are you using the old XP version of MM? It sounds like you are using the .AVI file version of the #16 firmware, which saves non-standard AVI files that does exactly what you describe with some of the less capable editors. The MOV format version doesn't have this problem, but may have other for some editors.

I suggest you read the large discussion on editing at the beginning of this thread (post #3?) or in my #16 thread (you are posting in the #11 thread here, so the #16 is off topic (but has the same issues with editing).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank