Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude52 View Post
Tom and gang I apologize as I'm a tad late in this LONG thread on the #18. I bought 3 for my sons for Christmas from Helexapro on eBay. I still run my 2 #11's for my heli flight videos and hat cam and they work fine for what I do. I've bought all my cams from Helexapro. No issuer ever.

Now my questions as this is a long thread to search...... Beside the additional features over the #11. Are they at least as good video quality wise as the #11? I ordered them (.MOV) with the latest firmware and the date/time stamp removed. These will pretty much be used by my boys as hat cams for flying and other general purpose filming etc. I also got them Class 10 4GB cards for them as well. Hope I didn't screw the pooch and they work OK with decent video/sound. Just got them the other day. Again sorry for the late jump in as I just need a basic opinion on quality, ease of use (probably like the #11). Thanks in advance for the input........ Tony
The #18 is MUCH better over all. More stable image colors (none of that white balance shift the #11 had), and now you can load in firmware which allows changing settings via a GUI program and configuration text file rather than having to load in new firmware for each change.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank