Thread: New Product Change Sun 10 blade 70mm
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Joined Oct 2009
1,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
I can try and shed some light for you... I put a CS10 fan with a 2950kv motor on 5s into my H2 and I am less than impressed with the sound. While it is now a lot quieter than the screaming and whining stock fan which is great but it still is not producing a huge whoosh sound that it is known for. I believe the reason is partly because I am running on 5s and the whoosh sound would become louder with higher rpm's on a 6s setup. The vertical is better now and I went from an 85-90mph stock setup to a 100-110mph improvement (speed varies with C rating of lipo).

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think there is a reasonable setup that will give you that sound your after... at least not without paying a small fortune in a major upgrade, hacking it all up and have it running on 6s. This in my opinion is not reasonable for this epo jet. Maybe for a Habu 32 composite it would be very reasonable.

I have a question for you... If you have a Habu, why would you buy a Meteor? Unless your Habu is trashed and you want to save a few bucks on a similar airframe.
Something doesn't add up, a 2950kv motor on 5S in a CS10 should be tons of power and rpm. If it doesn't sound right, that mean it's out of balance (probably by a lot).

Like many other have done, an L2855 2300 running on 5S is a very cheap and great sounding upgrade, that should work well in a habu.
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077